2023 Summer School will take place on Thursdays, June 1st - July 27th. All sessions are held 12:00 Noon - 2:00 PM Eastern Time.
Missed a day? Check out our recorded sessions on YouTube!
Each summer, ELI convenes a complimentary seminar series that offers an introduction to the legal and policy foundations of environmental protection in the United States.
ELI's Summer School is a series of seminars taught by experts in their fields, introducing the audience to important areas of environmental law, including the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), climate change law, energy law, land use law, and environmental justice. Faculty will also incorporate major regulatory and judicial updates to the laws.
Who will benefit: All are welcome. Students and emerging professionals will have unique opportunities to learn, hear updates, ask questions, and network. The series is intended for:
- law students and graduate students, and
- working professionals new to or looking for a refresher course in environmental law (such as interns, summer clerks, and associates, or second-career professionals)
This series is free, but registration for the individual sessions is required. Click on the sessions listed below to register today!
For this year's Summer School Series, three sessions will be held in person in DC, and the remaining five sessions will be held online via webinar. There will be no hybrid sessions.
The following sessions will be held ONLY in person at ELI's offices in Washington, DC (with recordings made available to the public afterwards):
- June 1, Session 1: An Introduction to Careers in Environmental Law and Policy
- June 22, Session 4: Basics of Land Use and Energy Law
- July 27, Session 8: Networking Reception
The following sessions will be held ONLY via webinar (with recordings made available to the public afterwards):
- June 8, Session 2: NEPA, ESA and the Fundamentals of Environmental Law
- June 15, Session 3: Basics of the Clean Water Act
- July 6, Session 5: Basics of the Clean Air Act
- July 13, Session 6: Climate Change & Environmental Law
- July 20, Session 7: Environmental Justice
All events are held 12-2 p.m. Eastern Time. All sessions will be recorded and available for viewing (usually within three business days) at the individual event links below.
There is no CLE available for this series.
ELI's Summer School classes do not require an application to attend and are not visa-granting programs.
Questions? Contact email@example.com